Mynd Drover Challenge - 24th June 2017- Event Rules
1. Entrants must be over the age of 14 and if under 18 years must be accompanied by a parent/guardian or an adult to whom parental responsibility has been given for the duration of the walk. Strictly no participants under the age of 14 years.
2. Proceeds from the walk will go to Church Stretton School PTA.
3. The event centre will be Church Stretton School, Shrewsbury Road, Church Stretton,Shropshire, SY6 6EX.
4. Registration between 7am and 7.50am for walkers; 8am and 8.50am for runners; 9am for guided walkers.
5. Start times: 8am walkers, 9am runners, and 10am for guided 13 mile walkers only.
6. Last finish 7pm. A cut off will be applied if walkers are unlikely to finish by then. The event centre will not be manned after 8pm.
7. Anyone retiring from the event must report to a checkpoint on route or the Event Centre. Those retiring at checkpoints may be transported back to the finish.
8. All entrants must report to the Event Centre when finished.
9. Control cards will be issued and must be carried at all times and clipped at checkpoints.
10. Written route details with grid references and GPX tracks will be emailed to entrants in the week before the event and the route will be displayed at the event centre on the morning.
- O.S. Explorer Map 217. The Mynd Drover route description is designed to be used in conjunction with this map and therefore entrants must carry their own copy or a GPS device with adequate battery life.
- Compass, whistle, first aid kit, hat, gloves, waterproofs, spare jumper, water bottle, sun cream and any food you require in addition to checkpoint refreshments.
- Tried and tested footwear.
- Mobile phone.
NO DOGS OR BIKES ALLOWED ON THE ROUTE.
The organisers reserve the right to withdraw entrants or stop the event should they see fit and their decision is final.
Observe the Country Code at all times.
Photographs will be taken during the event and may be used without further notice for printed or web based publicity.
Entries are non-refundable.
No entries will be accepted on the day of the event.